The wonderful L. Pate nominat ed me for a Libster Award. I dont know what to say, so i say just this. She is an amazing person, an inspiration and a imensly talented writer and i am glad to know her.
You got the Award, now what?:
– I list 11 random facts about myself.
– I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
– I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
– If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- every time i reread „The Great Gatsby“ i smell roses and feel a warm summer breez on my skin
- i wanted to become either a pirate or vampire when i was a little child
- whenever i am sad, i start baking
- sometimes i suddenly start reciting Dylan Thomas
- i like funerals
- i always touch trees, buildings etc. whenever i am in a foreign country to mesmorize the feeling of places
- a class of deaf children in India taught me sign language
- i can hold my breath for 4.36 minutes under water
- chaos is the word which describes me most accuratly
- i am a Spice Girls fan
- i like wine. Like Lindsey. A lot.
What is your favorite thing to rant about?
Traffic, close mindedness
What is your favorite aspect of writing?
Everything is possible.
What makes you feel the best that you have ever felt?
Writing, traveling, praying, LOVE
How structured are you with your writing?
Not as structured as i would like to be
What has been the best book you have read in the last year?
among others: „The Grass Harp“ by T. Capote
What is your favorite genre of books to write? To read?
Drama to write, i dont have a favorite genre to read, as long as the story feels honest and real
What or who inspires you to write?
Everything and nothing. I feel this urge inside me to put words on paper. There is no reason or origin behind it.
How do you picture your writing career developing?
I never thought about that question. I guess, i just go with the flow, see where life and my writng leads me. Although i want to publish something….
Who is your favorite classic author? Why?
Hmmm, tricky question. I dont have one favorite. There are so many i hold most dear. But i admire Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf and the Bronte sisters for their courage to adress difficult topics, and voicing thoughts, opinions uniquly for their time.
Do you enjoy writing true to life events or creating your own world?
For me, one can not life without the other. Everything created is inspired, contains a true emotion. I enjoy trying to find layers of what defines us as human beings in my writing.
What is your favorite short story you have ever written?
A short story i wrote at the age of six. About my younger sister. Still makes me smile whenever i read it.
Here are my nominations. Click on their links below and it will take you to their websites.
11 questions for you, my lovely inspirations:
- What was the firts book you fell in love with?
- Who do you admire the most?
- What is you favorite genre of writing and why?
- Why do you write?
- What is you favorite first sentence?
- Horror or romance?
- Are you the person you want to be?
- Which experience first made you aware of the shortness of life?
- What is the emotion you fear the most and why?
- What kind of traveler are you?
- What do you desire most?